The annual Botany meeting was held last week in Boise, Idaho. This meeting is the highlight of the year for plant biologists, and several current and incoming members of the Sessa lab presented their research or co-authored presentations/posters. Click links below to view abstracts.
- Pinson, Jerald Bryan; Schuettpelz, Eric. Origin of Vittaria appalachiana, the “Appalachian gametophyte”.
- Stevens, Sally Marie; Emery, Nancy. Home is Where the Heat Is? Temperature and Humidity Responses in a Fern Gametophyte.
- Sessa, Emily Butler; Testo, Weston; Momin, Rehman; Watkins, James. Mating systems in ferns: frequencies, functional significance, and phylogenetic signal.
- Marchant , D Blaine; Sessa, Emily Butler; Barbazuk, W Brad; WOLF , PAUL G; Der, Joshua; Soltis, Pamela S..; Soltis, Douglas E. Delving into the C-Fern Genome and Euphyllophyte Evolution.
- Gardner, Andrew; Sessa, Emily Butler; Michener, Pryce; Shepherd, Kelly; Jabaily , Rachel Schmidt. Leveraging the power of next-generation sequencing to resolve the phylogenetic backbone of Core Goodeniaceae.